The Executive Governor of Katsina State has in the exercise of powers conferred on him by the provision of section 5 (2) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended) and section 2 of the Commission of Inquiry Law CAP 29 Laws of Katsina State of Nigeria 1991 (as amended) and all the powers enabling him in that behalf. Has constituted and appointed a Commission of Inquiry to be known as (“The Bakori/Kankara Local Government Areas Banditry Attacks and Killings Judicial Commission of Inquiry”) with the terms of reference hereafter stated.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
1. The Commission shall with all convenient speed:
a. Inquire into, investigate, and determine the actual cause or causes of the recent banditry killings and attacks in Bakori and Kankara Communities.
b. Inquire into, investigate, and determine the actual lives and properties lost in the killings and to ascertain the persons directly affected by the incidence.
c. Identify groups and/or individuals directly connected or involved in the disturbance and to ascertain the roles played by such groups or individuals in instigating, aiding, and or abetting the incidence.
d. Make specific recommendations as to the appropriate action to be taken on those found to be responsible for the disturbances and suggest necessary assistance/aid to be required by the victims of the attack and families of the deceased victims.
e. Make suggestions on lawful approach to self-defense by citizens.
f. Make general or specific recommendations on long- and short-term measures to forestall similar future occurrences of such incidence in the State.
COMPOSITION OF THE COMMISSION
2. For the purpose of the Inquiry, the Executive Governor has appointed:
a. Hon. Justice A.B. Abdullahi Judge of Katsina State High Court -Chairman
b. AIG Danlami Yar’adua (Rtd) -Member
c. Dr. Muhammad Bashir Ruwan-Godiya -Member
d. Dr. Binta Dalhat Dan-Ali (UMYU) -Member
e. Ajodo U. Alexander Esq (Chairman NBA Funtua Branch) -Member
f. Alh. Ibrahim Katsina, S.A. on Security to the Governor -Member
g. Representative of Ministry of Justice -Member
h. Representative of Commissioner of Police -Member
i. Representative of Director, Dept. of State Services -Member
j. Representative of Katsina Emirate Council -Member
k. Representative of Human Rights Commission -Member
l. Babangida Hassan Wagini -Secretary
m. Abdullahi Bara’u Faskari Esq. -Counsel to the Commission
3. The Commission shall have full powers and authority to hold hearings in public and or in camera and to receive oral or written evidences as the case may be.
4. The Executive Governor direct that any Five (5) members of the Commission, one of
whom shall be the Chairman, shall constitute its quorum.
5. The Commission shall hold its first meeting in Katsina on 13th Day of February 2023 and thereafter at such place or places and upon such dates as the Chairman may determine.
6. The Commission is to submit its report to the Executive Governor in Katsina within three (3) weeks after the date of inauguration or within such extended period as the Governor allow in writing.
Director-General, New Media to Katsina State Governor.